Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Podein's record

As a welcome back and Happy Birthday to the Chub, I had to post this story (entries on May 16th) that I knew he would appreciate. The background - about an NHL player who actually bought Chub a beer for wearing his sweater - is in the tale below.......
Dirtiest Moment: The 2001 Stanley Cup was won by the Colorado Avalanche. Avs' forward, Shjon Podein wore his sweaty uniform, equipment and skates for more than 25 hours after his team won the final game. "It was a triple-dog dare. I had to do it," said Shjon, who even slept with his equipment on. "I don't think my wife really enjoyed it because I smelled so bad. I slept on one side of the bed with my dog in the middle and my wife as far away as possible. My dog didn't mind the smell, but my wife thought it was disgusting. I just saw it as a challenge, something fun to do because we'd just won the Stanley Cup. It was 20 percent funny and 80 percent dumb."

No comments: