Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Top 10 favorite goals - # 5

So, many people know that my all-time favorite AVS player was # 18, Adam Deadmarsh. I was also a big fan of defenseman Aaron Miller. When we learned about the trade with Los Angeles, I went to "The Gas-N-Sip" to watch the upcoming press conference.

I was thrilled - since we knew beforehand - that the AVS were adding Rob Blake to upgrade the team. I knew the price would not be cheap, but I was crushed when I heard Deader and Millsy (typical hockey originality) were going to LA. When the AVS eliminated the Kings on their way to the Stanley Cup it was tough to watch the handshake line as all the AVS hugged their two former teammates. But on to brighter moments. In the first round of the playoffs, the Kings knocked off the hated Detroit Red Wings. Early in the series Miller broke Brendan Shanahan's foot with a slap shot - an important point of the series. But not as pivotal as the role Adam Deadmarsh would play. Down 2-1 in the series to the Wings Deadly had the first assist on the game winning goal in game 4 and the game winner in games 5 and game 6 - and what a celebration.

No comments: