Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Top 10 favorite goals - # 10

I guess I always hated the Dallas Stars because they knocked the AVS out of the playoffs by playing chippy hockey. The Richard Matvichuk cheap shot on Milan Hejduk separated his shoulder and knocked him out of the playoffs one year and that seemed to be the difference in the series.

Plus, they had Ed Belfour ans Derrian Hatcher - who I always hated. Dallas also had that sickening Cup win over Buffalo where the league - and super turd-burglar Gary Bettman - blatantly disregarded Brett Hull's skate being in the crease for the cup winner. What a joke.

For some other reason I always liked the Devils. Maybe it was partly that they used to be the Colorado Rockies. Mainly it was my appreciation of Scott Steven's toughness and Scott Niedermayer's composure and hockey sense.

So, my # 10 occurred in June of 2000 when Jason Arnott scored to beat Stars and win the cup. I jumped up off of my couch in celebration and was surprised at how ecstatic I was. A great way to end it!


No comments: